Friday, April 16, 2010

Too broke to be artsy...so i'm just...fartsy....

Top Five sure fire ways to have fun with your kids:


1.Fashion show!--An oldie but a goodie. I let my kids rummage through old clothes of mine or my husbands and then let them play mix and match. I put a blanket down (as a red carpet. ha ha) and let them show me what they've come up with. I've done this off and on ever since Hazel was a baby, and it's always been loads of fun!



2. Cards--it doesn't have to be a special event to tell someone you love them, and making cards is a cheap and easy way to do that. anything from white paper, crayons, paints, markers, pasta noodles, glitter, and pretty much anything laying around your house, or in your pantry can be used in making cards.

3. Build a story--a spin on a classic theatre game. Everyone sit in a circle, the family decides on the topic and then one person at a time contributes there part to the story. You don't need any supplies, just your imagination.

4. Dance Party--Put on your child's favorite music (or whatever has a good beat.) and let the dance party begin! Make sure the space your is big enough so your little one's wont hurt there noggin.:)

5.Table "Tent"---My kids wanted to build a tent but didn't really have sturdy enough chairs to use, so we used my dining room table as the tent. It was way too much fun putting together!! Pillows, blankets, a bed sheet of two, throw in some stuffed animals and you have an amazing oasis for your little ones!! My kids love it so much, it's possibly there #1 thing they ask to do.

Hope you enjoyed some little and cheap ways to have fun!! let the creative process begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment